I'm wondering if anyone can help identify these mushrooms? I think this may be a type of Inky Cap Mushroom, which is an edible mushroom. And is safe when picked early when the gills are still white and seem solid. It has a pleasant mild taste. As it matures, the gills become darker and more visible. It eventually turns black and liquefies. Therefore it must be cooked quickly after harvest as it takes only a short time to break down and spoil
Inky Cap Mushrooms are also called Tippler's Bane because if consumed within a few days of alcohol consumption there is a very unpleasant reaction.
My boyfriend took these photos with his cell phone. When our 7 year old buddy, Jayde, saw them she was excited that he had taken pictures of a fairy ring...
I thought they were interesting and beautiful too, and became curious about them. I found the possible ID and further information even more intriguing
This is not a positive identification. I had never seen these mushrooms before, and am not knowledgeable in edible or poisonous mushrooms. Do not eat wild mushrooms unless you are well versed and completely sure in the safe consumption of wild plants and mushrooms.